John Carey – Streamlined Commercial Card Magic (November 14th, 2017)
This video is slightly out of sync, since it is a live recording.
Only purchase this product, if you are ok with that.
Join John Carey for the first of a series of courses called the Carey Super Sessions! The first one day course on November 14th is entitled Streamlined Commercial Card Magic. On it you will learn material that is extremely commercial and that plays in a wide variety of venues.
Carey has built his reputation internationally in recent years with his stripped down and minimalistic approach to card magic, which is evident in his 4 critically acclaimed books. You will learn material that is powerful but also practical. No pipe dreams here.
In the first course John will perform, discuss and teach 15(!) effects from his vast repertoire. There’s amazing variety of plot here with truly something for everyone. The course will be streamed live and students can interact with John and our team and ask questions and get help and tips that will take your card magic onto the next level. The course will be saved in your Alakazam streaming account for anytime viewing.
We expect demand to be extremely high for this course. Why not take advantage of our early bird discount. It promises to be an amazing evening! Don’t just watch the magic. Be part of it!
Here is the table of contents for this first of many Carey Super Sessions we have planned!
- Think n Sync- A stunning revelation of a thought of card you will immediately add to your repertoires! You will learn invaluable tips here you can apply to all your work. A brand new version of John’s favourite plot that he hadn’t tipped anywhere. So simple and elegant!
- Seven Up! A beautiful, almost moveless production of four of a kind with a great premise and emotional hook. Simple, but so strong.
- NOTHING! A great twist on the card at any number plot built around the premise of nothing! This is a worker.
- A closed prediction. A streamlined card prediction that hits hard. It looks so clean! Uses a fantastic utility move by john’s friend Yohann Fontyn.
- Positivity. John’s semi automatic treatment of a great Juan Tamariz effect.
- Aces in their faces! A sweet four Ace production you will love! Super strong and direct.
- The Seeker Sandwich. A stunning slow motion sandwich effect kindly given to john by his friend Ed Oschmann. The sandwich cards progressively move together in the deck and search,seek and trap a signed selection. It’s a real worker!
- All in a print! John’s superb variant handling of Dai Vernon’s fingerprint card trick. Totally commercial!
- Slow Motion Collectors. You will love the Carey treatment of a Roy Walton’s classic Collectors effect. The selections magically collect one at a time in slow motion!
- If we could turn back time. A beautiful card effect built around the premise of time travel. Simple, powerful and memorable. Uses a brilliant Brother John Hamman move.
- Carey On The Pass! John discusses his thoughts and work on the Classic Pass. A mini workshop in its own right . Invaluable information for all card workers.
- The 76 trick! An almost moveless sandwich effect that has been a firm favorite of Carey’s for many years.
- Matching The Cards. Johns beautiful streamlined approach to a classic effect. No double lifts, no glides, no kidding!
- Whispering Ambitions. A delightful approach to the classic whispering cards plot, using nothing more than two jokers and three selections. You will use this!
- Little Vernon. We finish the super session with John’s beautiful, minimalistic approach to Dai Vernon’s classic Out of Sight out of mind. A super strong mental effect you will love.
In addition to the routines, John discusses theory, timing, psychology and misdirection which you will find priceless. These concepts will help you become a better magician!!!
**Remember this course will not be sold as a download after the event so be sure to pre-book to avoid disappointment.
Can’t make the date or time? Don’t worry, the course will be saved into your account for you to watch or download.
**Please note due to the live nature of our courses the syllabus may be subject to change without prior notification